- 3 commissioners suspended for improper dressing in Ebonyi
- CBN issues two new merchant bank licences
- Ekiti PDP accuses ACN of attacking members
- Daniel eulogises HID Awolowo at 97
- Jonathan hails Koroma's re-election
- Collapsed man: Edo dep gov threatens Airhiavbere
- Communal clash: Police arrest gang leader, 12 others in Nasarawa
- Corruption: There ‘ll be no sacred cow - Jonathan
- Amosun’s wife tasks students on reading culture
- Flooding: Dangote committee sets N50bn target
- Adamawa LG election conducted peacefully
- 1999 Constitution: Women group calls for amendment to gender-biased provisions
The carnival aims at reflecting the uniqueness of African dress sense and will kick off from October 15.
Femi Kuti, one of the sons of the late Afro-beat King, stated at a media briefing that the concert, which celebrates the life and times of Fela Anikulapo Kuti, will be bigger and better this year.
“There will be musical performances by national and international artistes. There will also be a school debate between private and public secondary schools in Lagos at the Freedom Park.
“A symposium that will feature Michael Veal, Seffi Attah, Wole Soyinka, Femi Falana, Carlos Moore, Donald Duke, Ben Murray Bruce and many others, will also take place”, Femi added.
Tagged “Fela Debates”, this year’s theme is “Corruption and the Generation Next”. It will take place on October 15, Fela’s birthday.Share