- 3 commissioners suspended for improper dressing in Ebonyi
- CBN issues two new merchant bank licences
- Ekiti PDP accuses ACN of attacking members
- Daniel eulogises HID Awolowo at 97
- Jonathan hails Koroma's re-election
- Collapsed man: Edo dep gov threatens Airhiavbere
- Communal clash: Police arrest gang leader, 12 others in Nasarawa
- Corruption: There ‘ll be no sacred cow - Jonathan
- Amosun’s wife tasks students on reading culture
- Flooding: Dangote committee sets N50bn target
- Adamawa LG election conducted peacefully
- 1999 Constitution: Women group calls for amendment to gender-biased provisions
LAST Sunday in England at the G-Live Centre in Surrey, Bank of Industry (BoI), Nigeria, sponsored a New World Nigeria event to showcase the best of Nigerian fashion, art, theatre and music to the world.
Olu Jacob and Justice Esiri appeared in a stage play with others such as Joke Silva, Segun Arinze, Keppy Ekpeyong Bassey and Bimbo Akintola.
The event was over a month of festivities.
Tiwa Savage, Neato C and Tuface were ably assisted on stage by The Nigerian Diasporama All Star Band featuring Asa, Dele Sosimi, Tony Allen and Keziah Jones.
Similarly, other Nigerian acts have been confirmed to take centre stage at the London Olympic City, Stratford, as Britain gears up for the sports event. The East London borough of Newham will be treated to African music when top Nigerian artists take to the stage at the historical Stratford Theatre Royal from today to July 25 as part of the NWN Sports and Cultural Showcase continues.
NWN, an initiative of the bank, is created to promote investment and business opportunities in the country.
Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, Choc Boiz, M.I, Jesse Jagz, Ice Prince, Wiz Boyy, Waje, and many others are expected to perform at the promotional show.
Waheed Olagunju of BoI said the institution looked forward to promote inward missions of Nigerian businesses to the UK and UK businesses to Nigeria.Share