- 3 commissioners suspended for improper dressing in Ebonyi
- CBN issues two new merchant bank licences
- Ekiti PDP accuses ACN of attacking members
- Daniel eulogises HID Awolowo at 97
- Jonathan hails Koroma's re-election
- Collapsed man: Edo dep gov threatens Airhiavbere
- Communal clash: Police arrest gang leader, 12 others in Nasarawa
- Corruption: There ‘ll be no sacred cow - Jonathan
- Amosun’s wife tasks students on reading culture
- Flooding: Dangote committee sets N50bn target
- Adamawa LG election conducted peacefully
- 1999 Constitution: Women group calls for amendment to gender-biased provisions
Amazing how time flies. This year, Saturday, April 23, made it 35 years that Sunny Ade, then of the African Beats, was crowned King of Music in Ibadan by the Alaafin of Oyo, Iku Baba Yeye, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, at the Ibadan Tennis Club, Ibadan western state.
The royal father was supported at the glorious event by Oba Omowonuola Oyesosin, Elejigbo of Ejigbo, among other Obas.
Sunny Ade emerged tops via a public opinion poll conducted by “The Entertainer,” a publication of the defunct Daily Sketch Publishing Company Limited.
The poll lasted for three months and readers’ votes were counted to decide who won the King of Music crown.
Since that day, Sunny Ade has not looked back as he not only seized that opportunity to brand himself as an African icon, in the last 35 years, he has bestrode the global music industry like a king.
From Africa to the Americas, Asia and Europe, King Sunny Ade (KSA), spread the gospel of juju music for almost five decades, opening the door for several others.
He was nominated twice for the Grammy Awards, making him the first Nigerian to ever be nominated for the prestigious award.
R exclusively gathered that KSA is interested in the series of events planned to celebrate the unprecedented crowning of the “Master Guitarist” who has become a global phenomenon in African music history.
The King of Music has arrived London for the Olympiad and will perform in a series of concerts with other musicians.
He left on Friday night with his band members and he’s expected back in the country in August to monitor events relating to the epochal crowning anniversary slated for the last quarter of this year.Share
written by armani replica, September 22, 2012