- 3 commissioners suspended for improper dressing in Ebonyi
- CBN issues two new merchant bank licences
- Ekiti PDP accuses ACN of attacking members
- Daniel eulogises HID Awolowo at 97
- Jonathan hails Koroma's re-election
- Collapsed man: Edo dep gov threatens Airhiavbere
- Communal clash: Police arrest gang leader, 12 others in Nasarawa
- Corruption: There ‘ll be no sacred cow - Jonathan
- Amosun’s wife tasks students on reading culture
- Flooding: Dangote committee sets N50bn target
- Adamawa LG election conducted peacefully
- 1999 Constitution: Women group calls for amendment to gender-biased provisions
The programme which was organised by Segun Akinolu, well known as Beautiful Nubia was to celebrate the life and achievements of Jimi Solanke as one of the many Nigerian icons who have impacted and contributed to the growth of the industry.
The atmosphere of the emergent centre was bustled when Uncle Jimi and his band came on stage to dish his popular oldies, Onile Gogoro that one almost forgets it is in the centre of business activity in the Ikeja area of Lagos. In his remark, the celebrant, Jimi Solanke who was overwhelmed with the large turn out, acknowledged everyone who came from all walks of life to celebrate with him, just as he expressed his gratitude to Beautiful Nubia who initiated the event for his spirit in celebrating the fathers of the industry and promoting entertainment industry.
Solanke stated further that he is not tired of music saying that “I am working on another album which will be out soon, this will serve as an indication that I am still relevant in the industry.” -Seyi SokoyaShare
written by replica armani watches, September 22, 2012