- 3 commissioners suspended for improper dressing in Ebonyi
- CBN issues two new merchant bank licences
- Ekiti PDP accuses ACN of attacking members
- Daniel eulogises HID Awolowo at 97
- Jonathan hails Koroma's re-election
- Collapsed man: Edo dep gov threatens Airhiavbere
- Communal clash: Police arrest gang leader, 12 others in Nasarawa
- Corruption: There ‘ll be no sacred cow - Jonathan
- Amosun’s wife tasks students on reading culture
- Flooding: Dangote committee sets N50bn target
- Adamawa LG election conducted peacefully
- 1999 Constitution: Women group calls for amendment to gender-biased provisions
The idea is to produce the world’s largest mosaic flag for Nigeria 50th Independence ceremony. According to Henrie Eduozor, the concept is their contribution to the Nigeria project as they are capable of achieving great feats like this. Across the 36 states of the federation, selected people will contribute a yard piece of green or white fabric for the assembling of the mosaic flag. The launch is expected to have Guinness World Record Adjudicators in attendance, while the unveiling and assembling of the mosaic flag is slated for September 23, 2010.
2face, Banky W, Asa, MI, Maxim, ECHO, Kool-B, Sledge-da-Hawker, are among those expected to perform at the event.
The organizers said the choice of Mosaic is apt because it is the art of creating images using small pieces of colored glass, stone, or other materials.
According to the Project spokesperson, Alayande Stephen, the objectives are to celebrate Nigeria in a unique way, recreating the consciousness of unison, love, charity and hope among the Nigerian people.Share