- 3 commissioners suspended for improper dressing in Ebonyi
- CBN issues two new merchant bank licences
- Ekiti PDP accuses ACN of attacking members
- Daniel eulogises HID Awolowo at 97
- Jonathan hails Koroma's re-election
- Collapsed man: Edo dep gov threatens Airhiavbere
- Communal clash: Police arrest gang leader, 12 others in Nasarawa
- Corruption: There ‘ll be no sacred cow - Jonathan
- Amosun’s wife tasks students on reading culture
- Flooding: Dangote committee sets N50bn target
- Adamawa LG election conducted peacefully
- 1999 Constitution: Women group calls for amendment to gender-biased provisions
RECENTLY, controversies have not stopped to trail Prophet Chris Okafor, the Pastor of Liberation Assembly, Ojodu Lagos.
Just as the story that he allegedly ordered the beating of a journalist was settling down, another tale has begun to trail the man of God as was alleged to have grabbed a Magodo land belonging to a church member. He was also accused of faking his own kidnap to make money from his congregation.
Last sunday at his church, he invited a woman, Dorothy Mgbano, to the altar who said she willingly sowed the land to the church. “They are just trying to distract the work of God .
They said I collected her land under false pretence. You heard her just now when she said she gave it of her own. She gave it to God and we built on it. I was really surprised when they wrote that I faked my own kidnap and that nobody died. Anybody should go to MOPOL 22, Late Adamu was given to me by the Inspector General of Police.
The church had gone to bury him before I was released by the kidnappers. It’s so sad that an occurrence that left people dead, that left my children fatherless for months, can be turned around like this’.Share