- 3 commissioners suspended for improper dressing in Ebonyi
- CBN issues two new merchant bank licences
- Ekiti PDP accuses ACN of attacking members
- Daniel eulogises HID Awolowo at 97
- Jonathan hails Koroma's re-election
- Collapsed man: Edo dep gov threatens Airhiavbere
- Communal clash: Police arrest gang leader, 12 others in Nasarawa
- Corruption: There ‘ll be no sacred cow - Jonathan
- Amosun’s wife tasks students on reading culture
- Flooding: Dangote committee sets N50bn target
- Adamawa LG election conducted peacefully
- 1999 Constitution: Women group calls for amendment to gender-biased provisions
Getting the best of life!
Every man is created with a wealth of potentials but many people still live a frustrated life. They don’t know that they have been divinely equipped with the natural ability to command the best of life for themselves, their external circumstances notwithstanding.
One of the forces you need for profitable life is direction. The best director of the affairs of life is God. He says of Himself: …I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go... (Isaiah:48:17&18).
The story of Peter, the fisherman, beautifully illustrates this point. He and his mates had laboured all through a night, catching no fish. They were worn out, when Jesus entered into Peter’s ship to preach to the people by the seashore.
After preaching, Jesus told Peter to launch out into the deep waters and cast his net there for a great catch of fish. Peter, the “expert,” fisherman, said they had worked all night and caught nothing. However, he obeyed saying, “… Nevertheless at thy word.” The result was that they caught a great multitude of fishes (Luke 5:1-10).
The most reliable way to get divine direction today is from the Bible, which is the Word of God. Do what God’s Word commands and you will end up commanding the best in life. It is like following the manufacturer’s manual for a new invention.
You must however be born again before you can benefit from the guidance available in the Word of God. Being born again entails confessing your sins and accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. If you are set for it, please say this simple prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Today, I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Thank You for saving me! Next week, I will show you another force for profitable life. This is your year of restoration!
I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaan Land, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. Our midweek services hold on Wednesdays between 6 and 8 p.m. We have three services on Sundays. The first one holds between 6.30 and 8.30 a.m., the second between 8.45 a.m. and 10.45 a.m. and the third between 11.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m.
Every exploit in life is a product of knowledge. For further reading, please get my books--Towards Mental Exploits, Making Maximum Impact, and Exploring The Secrets Of Success.