- 3 commissioners suspended for improper dressing in Ebonyi
- CBN issues two new merchant bank licences
- Ekiti PDP accuses ACN of attacking members
- Daniel eulogises HID Awolowo at 97
- Jonathan hails Koroma's re-election
- Collapsed man: Edo dep gov threatens Airhiavbere
- Communal clash: Police arrest gang leader, 12 others in Nasarawa
- Corruption: There ‘ll be no sacred cow - Jonathan
- Amosun’s wife tasks students on reading culture
- Flooding: Dangote committee sets N50bn target
- Adamawa LG election conducted peacefully
- 1999 Constitution: Women group calls for amendment to gender-biased provisions
Davido, MI, Brymo to thrill fans at Copa CocaCola grand finale today
The grand finale of the popular youth football tournament in the country, Copa CocaCola, Lagos, will climax today at the famous Teslim Balogun stadium, Lagos,
in a ceremony that will commence at noon but it won’t be all about football as Davido, MI, Brymo and other top DJs, DJ Top and DJ Kess will thrill the fans at the event.
The event put together by beverage giant, CocaCola started with many soccer teams but it has now been narrowed down to just four, which consists of teams Calabar, Ibadan, Abuja and Benin.
The Copa CocaCola tournament is a platform meant to discover the next generation of great football talents that abound within the shores of Nigeria and Cocacola has always been at the forefront of developmental football especially at the grassroots, an initiative that has brought about positive developments in the lives of the participants.
According to a statement signed by the media partner for the tournament, Stingomania360, “there is need for multinational corporations to engage the youths of this country actively in developmental initiatives like this. Football talents abound in this country that need to be discovered urgently before they waste away, that is why we at CocaCola are investing in projects like this because these youths are the leaders of tomorrow. The tournament has achieved some of its objectives as some of the products from the 2010 final are now in the national U17 camp.”
Also speaking on the tournament, the Marketing Director of NBC, Austin Ofomba opined that, “many football talents abound at the grassroots, they are almost inexhaustible. They need to be discovered and nurtured properly; the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi were discovered at the grassroots too, we are very proud to be associated with a project like this.”