- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
SUPER Eagles defender, Godfrey Oboabona has declared his eagerness for the 2013 Nations Cup tournament in South Africa and urged his team mates to destroy Liberia in Calabar for his dream to come true.
Godfrey has been an integral part of Keshi's team and has vowed to continue impressing the 'Big Boss' as long as he continues getting the call.
"My prayer is to help the team qualify, I am very eager for a bigger action like the Nations Cup," said Oboabona.
"The ticket is what can save us from presure and the coach, so we are doing our best to ensure that we achieve our aim. I don't think it will speak well of us to lose the ticket again, we will not, we would rather shed blood than losing the ticket.
"I appreciate the coaching crew influence on the local league players like myself, I thank all of them for their belief and personally, if considered for the tough battles like the Liberia match I promise to keep the form and the determination.”Share
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions