- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
MIKEL Obi has hailed the signing of fellow Nigerian Victor Moses, saying the Wigan star will be a big hit at Chelsea.
Moses who will soon become Chelsea player after Wigan Athletic agreed to sell him for a fee that finally matched its valuation of the exciting winger.
And fellow Nigeria international Mikel has said European champion Chelsea will offer Moses the platform to be a bigger star and be better appreciated.
“Moses is a top quality player and he has shown that at Wigan, he has done well there, but I am sure he will be more appreciated playing for Chelsea as he will play in Europe for a larger audience to see,” Mikel said.
“He was a key player and jewel at Wigan. He is a top young player. He is most welcomed here.”
Mikel and Moses have already hit it off while on international duty with Nigeria recently.
Moses transfer to ‘The Blues’ dragged on for several weeks and it was not until the fifth bid by Chelsea that Wigan agreed to sell him.
The former Crystal Palace star still has a year left on his Wigan contract, but Wigan would still have cashed in on his departure at the end of the season because he is still under 24 years.
Last season, he featured in all 38 matches in the English Premier League as Wigan again defied all the odds to stay up in the English top flight.Share
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions