- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
NIGERIA’S national team first choice goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama is expected to start his second stint in Israeli football tomorrow against Maccabi Netanya
Enyeama has just moved on loan from Lille to Maccabi Tel Aviv in order to get regular first team football but has received threats from fans of his former club, Hapoel Tel Aviv.
“Honestly, it was not easy to make the decision to play against Hapoel, but I'm a professional,” said Enyeama to one.co.il, an Israeli football website.
“I am a foreign player and I took the decision. Today I want to play just for Maccabi and here I am.”
Enyeama, who only resumed training five days ago, is ready to give his best for his new club.
“The feeling here is great. People around me are really nice to me. In general, Israel has very warm people and I pray that it will continue that way.
“Israel is a special place, the land of God; this is an amazing place to live. I missed Israel in general, not just football," added Enyeama.Share
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions