- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
AHMADIYYA College, Kano would today clash with St. Augustine's Seminary, Ebonyi State in the final of the 14th MILO Secondary Schools Basketball championship, scheduled for the Indoor Sports Hall of the National Stadium, Lagos.
The Kano boys dumped International School University of Lagos, 52-27 in the semi-final.
However, St. Augustine's boys got to the final through the boardroom as their protest lodged against Government Secondary School, Ilorin, after losing 40-36 in the semi-final was upheld.
GSS Ilorin, was later disqualified by the Disciplinary and Organising Committee of the competition headed by Col. Sam Ahmedu (retd), having being found guilty of fielding an ineligible player, Seyi Ajileye.
Seyi, was said to have featured for the Ebonyi team in 2009 in the same competition which informed the protest as the age limit of any player stands at 17 years..
Subsequently, International School University of Lagos, emerged the third placed team of the competition following the disqualification of GSS Ilorin.
In the girls category, Asaba Girls Grammar School, Delta State which dumped the defending champions, Queen of the Rosary Secondary School, Gboko, Benue
State, 29-24 would face St. Jude's Girls Secondary School, Bayelsa State in the final billed for 11am.
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions