- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
MANCHESTER City midfielder, Yaya Toure, says there is no better way to send warning signals than overcoming Chelsea in tomorrow's Community Shield contest in Wembley
City is the defending English Premier League, EPL, champion while Chelsea is the FA Cup holder, setting up a tantalising season-opener between the two champions.
Toure is expected to play a key role in the game and already the big Ivorien is thinking of another silver ware.
''We have an exciting session at the pre-season and we have not lost our winning mentality, I don't think it is the same with Chelsea,'' said Toure.
However, Chelsea new boy, Marko Marin is not kidding with this tie.
''It is a good place to start my English adventure and to beat Man City and win a Cup will just be utterly exciting and a good welcome.'’Share
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions