- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
THE National Under-17 team would today square-up against Crystal Villa Academy in yet another practice match to be played at the Saint Patrick College (SPC) in Ikot Ansa within the Calabar Municipality.
The Golden Eaglets are yet to lose a match since they relocated to Calabar in April with several impressive results, including Wednesday’s 6-1 thrashing of Diamond Stars Academy but Mrs. Christy Ubi Isobo, the proprietor of Calabar-based Crystal Villa Academy, has boasted that her boys' team would end the Eaglets’ winning streak.
“We are grateful of having this chance to play against the National Under-17 team and we are going to grab the opportunity with all our hands,” an enthusiastic Isobo said ahead of the game. “We are not only going to enjoy ourselves but we want to be the first team to beat them the Eaglets.”
But Golden Eaglets’ coordinator, Mr. Abubakar Suleiman has swiftly responded, insisting that the Crystal Academy would be shoved aside like other oppositions before them.
“We don’t like to talk about what we can do and what we cannot do in the Golden Eaglets,” said Suleiman, a skilful midfielder in his heydays with defunct Nigeria Airways Football Club.
“We wait to see what Crystal Villa Academy has to offer on Saturday but I’m confident that our players would respond to their challenge.
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions