- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
THE list of 21 players to wear the colours of Nigeria in this month's FIFA Women U-20 World Cup holding in Japan has been released with Rivers Angels dominating the squad.
The FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup is billed to start on August 19 with the Falconets paired with Brazil, South Korea and Italy in Group B.
The Falconets are in Group B and are paired against South American giants, Brazil, South Korea and Italy.
In the list are three goalkeepers, namely ; Ibubeleye Whyte, Chioma Nwankwo and Damilola Akano, seven defenders, Blessing Edoho, Gloria Ofoegbu, Ugo Njoku, Jennifer Osawaru, Fasilat Adeyemo, Josephine Chukwunonye and Chidinma Okoro, four midfielders, Cecilia Nku, Ngozi Okobi, Asisat Oshoala and Osarenoma Igbinovia and six forwards, Esther Sunday, Ebere Orji, Desire Oparanozie, Winifred Eyebhoria, Francisca Ordega as well as Charity Adu.
The tournament will be held around Japan in the five cities of Hiroshima, Kobe, Miyagi, Saitama and Tokyo, with the final to be held in the capital on September 8, 2012.Share
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions