- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
Enyimba midfielder Otekpa Eneji has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after undergoing an appendicectomy and will require at least a month to recover.
The 23-year-old who has struggled to produce his best form in recent games admitted to EnyimbaFC.net that he had “played through pain” and had to settle for the surgical operation when he could no longer bear it.
From his hospital bed in Makurdi, the Benue State capital, he revealed to EnyimbaFC.net, the success of the operation.
“Everything has gone well,” he said, barely audible above the sounds of the recovery ward he was in. “Right now I feel a bit weak but I’m in no more pains.”
“Surgery was successful and I’ve been placed on drugs to speed up my recovery. In a few weeks, I should be strong again,” he added.
Relieved that the medical procedure had gone smoothly, Otekpa however expressed sadness about what it all meant to his role in Enyimba.
“I’m not happy that I can no longer play for my club until the end of the season. At this crucial stage of the season, every player in the squad is needed to help the club finish with a trophy, but for me, that cannot happen.
I can’t play any further role for Enyimba.”
“But I look forward to returning to Aba once I’m fully healed. I’m in touch with the rest of my team mates and the spirit in the camp is high. Everybody wants to make sure the club wins something this season and with God’s help, I’m confident we will.”
Otekpa last featured in Enyimba’s 2-1 victory over Sunshine Stars, when he made a second half appearance.Share
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions