- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
Snshine Stars of Akure petit striker, Ajani Ibrahim confessed he is under intense pressure from his admirers who are not happy with his goal drought this season.
The former Gateway FC of Abeokuta player was prolific in front of goal last season, scoring a total of 19 goals, one short of eventual top
scorer’s award winner, Jude Aneke then with Kaduna United.
This season, has not been good to the dimunitive player as he has failed to find the back of the net for once both in the domestic scene and on the continent.
The soft spoken winger has been playing regularly for the CAF Champions League campaigner inspite of his failure to score, a pointer to the fact that his coach, Gbenga Ogunbote still believe in him.
“I’m under intense pressure, I get calls daily from concerned fans enquiring why I haven’t been scoring goals.
“I’m worried as they are too. I know I’m trying my best but why I have not scored continues to baffle me,’’ said the striker who however, promised to end his goal drought tomorrow when his side takes on Esperance of Tunisia in a CAF Champions League group game.
“I’m yet to score in the league as well as in the continent. I strongly believe the scoreless times will be history on Sunday against Esperance.Share
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions