- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
SCHALKE 04 striker, Chinedu Obasi, believes that players of the Super Eagles who star for Nigeria's Premier League (NPL) sides should be described as internationals.
Obasi says there is no reason a player of the national team should be described as 'home-based' player.
"In the national team, we are all internationals, there should be no category as home-based and foreign based, '' he told Saturday Tribunesports.
''In European national teams players play in different leagues, yet they don't differentiate by saying 'this is England or Germany based' players. So long as we are in the national team together, we are all professional footballers and Nigerian internationals.''
The Beijing 2008 Olympics silver medallist added that the NPL has improved greatly to have produced half of the current Super Eagles squad.
''Kudos to Stephen Keshi, the NPL has now improved much because the players know if they do well, they will be given the chance to play for Nigeria.''
Obasi says he will keep on working hard so that he gets a recall to the Eagles.
''I am still young and hopeful, I hope to be in the team in the future.''Share
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions