- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
WITH just a week to the grand finale of the on-going Lagos State Table Tennis League, teams are now making frantic efforts to make it to the last stage of the championship.
Eight men’s teams and four women’s teams are expected to compete in the grand finale in the week eight which is the final of the competition.
As it stand for now; Union Bank table-tennis team still topped the table in the men and women events while Union Maritime Club and Springfresh are both trailing the bankers teams. For Mojeed Olayiwola of Springfresh, beating the Union Bank teams has been a major concern to him.
“I think the Union Bank team are made up of top players in the national team and it has not been easy playing against them.
“Even when we beat any of the three teams presented by Union Bank, we will surely face the others in the next stage.
“For us, Union Bank has been standing between our victories in most of the matches played in the league, but I am confident that we will overcome them before the grand finals”, Olayiwola said.
The 200 level Computer Science, YABA TECH, however, described the league as encouraging saying his game has improved tremendously since the commencement of the championship.Share
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions