- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
NIGERIA has withdrawn from the Adidas U-15 Youth Championship with just four days to the start of the tournament.
The President, Nigeria Football Federation, Alhaji Aminu Maigari has said that the country withdrew invitation for the eight-nation tournament due to logistic problems.
“I have directed a letter be written to the authorities of the tournament that some logistic problem we had to cancel the invitation.
“It’s our intention to help develop of young talents but will are not ruling out chances of playing in subsequent tournaments in the future,” said the Gombe born sport Administrator.
The latest development will come as a blow to the Danladi Nasidi led national team side with over four weeks in camp, earlier in Abuja for two weeks and later in Lokoja for over two weeks now.
Though uninformed of the development, Nigeria U-15 team head coach Danladi Nasidi said that it’s sad news for him and the players in camp after devoting much time in preparations for the tournament.
“I’m not informed about the development yet but quite sad for the players who have spent much time in camp training ahead of this competition but hopes the NFF motivate the players,” Nasidi.
Meanwhile, the head coach, Nasidi has urged the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation led by President Aminu Maigari to motivate the players by sourcing for other tournaments for the team to enable absorb depression to be suffered after confirmed missing out on the Mexico tourney.
It will be recalled that the team was expected to depart the country for Mexico two days ago to ensure their early arrival four days to the start of the tourney.
The Nigeria side would have battled with the likes of Spain, Argentina, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark and host Mexico in the 10-day competition sponsored by Adidas.Share
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions