- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) has announced that in June, its worldwide cumulative vehicle production surpassed 200 million units.
This milestone took 76 years and 11 months to reach, and began with production of the Model G1 truck in August 1935 at Toyoda Automatic Loom Works Ltd.’s Automotive Department, which was spun off and later became TMC.
As of the end of June, cumulative production in Japan reached145.21 million vehicles while overseas production reached 55.12 million vehicles.
Cumulative vehicle production since 1992 at Toyota’s manufacturing facilities in Europe, including facilities in the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, France, Portugal, Russia and Turkey reached 7.44 million unit sat the end of 2011.
Marking the achievement, TMC President Akio Toyoda said: “I wish to express my heartfelt appreciation to our customers the world over who made it possible for us to reach this milestone.
“I also have the most profound respect and gratitude for the efforts of all persons who were involved in developing, manufacturing, and marketing Toyota and Lexus vehicles over the years.
“We are determined to make our cars even better, to continue to give our customers the best possible product. This is the common goal of our 300,000 Toyota staff members worldwide.”
The most-produced model among Toyota-brand vehicles is the Corolla.Share