- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
The Best Family Cars of 2012 will appear in the July 2012 issue of Parents magazine, available at newsstands nationwide on June 12.
“Thanks to head-turning styling, a fuel-efficient engine, a long list of standard safety features and notably upscale options, the very popular Hyundai Elantra is a wonderful package for small families on a tight budget,” said Scott Oldham, editor in chief, Edmunds.com.
For the fifth consecutive year, car experts from Parents and Edmunds.com scrutinised hundreds of vehicles focusing on safety and reliability as top priorities.
Each car was also judged on performance, interior, exterior, and family-friendly features.
Every car on the list is equipped with antilock brakes, electronic stability control, and a minimum of six air bags. Plus, a record 14 vehicles recommended by Parents/Edmunds.com, including Elantra, earned a “Top Safety Pick” designation from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Vehicles (IIHS).
“Hyundai offers class-leading interior volume and family-friendly equipment in the Elantra, making it an ideal car for parents,” said Scott Margason, director, Product Planning, Hyundai Motor America.