- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
Fuel Now N120 Per Litre •As Scarcity Bites Harder
While many commercial motorcyclists and motorists scrambled for the product in filling stations experiencing long queues, black marketers made brisk business by selling to desperate customers at N130 per litre in some places.
Our correspondents, who monitored the situation in Kaduna, Kwara, Kogi, Osun, Oyo , Ekiti, and Borno states, noted that the sharp rise in price of the product ranged between 30 and 40 per cent.
In Maiduguri, it was discovered that a litre sold at N110 in the few stations that dispensed the product to customers after spending many hours on long queues.
Customers paid N100 bribe each to station attendants before they dispensed fuel at N110per litre into vehicles in Kwara State.
It was N130 per litre in Akure at the few stations that opened for business, while the NNPC Mega Station at Iworoko Road, Ado-Ekiti, experienced long queues that caused serious vehicular jams in the environs.
The situation in Oyo State was similar as the commodity sold for between N110 and N130 per litre, with some customers, accusing station attendants of extortion.
However, not all the stations sold to customers, resulting in the ones that opened for business experiencing long queues of vehicles.
The scarcity also bit harder in Osun State, shooting up the official price per litre from N97 to N130.
There was no sign of fuel scarcity in Lagos State, as the official price subsisted within and outside Lagos metropolis.Share