- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
CELEBRITY restaurant and organisers of the monthly O’jez Entertainment Forum awards, O’jez, situated within the National Stadium premises, will this Sunday, August 26, at 7pm play host to veteran actor, Olu Jacobs, who turned 70 recently.
The actor, who is married to another multiple award-winning actress, Joke Silva, will also receive the prestigious O’jez Entertainment Award for the month of August, as part of activities for the grand evening.
Olu Jacobs is being honoured according to the Chief Executive Officer of O’jez, Chief Joseph Odobeatu, for his immense contributions to the growth of the nation’s film industry, otherwise called Nollywood. ‘Mr. Jacobs’ name inspires awe among younger film practitioners in the nation’s film sector. And one funny thing is that, Olu Jacobs seems to be acting all his life if one considers the year he featured in Hollywood movies before he came back to Nigeria to be among the pioneers of what is now called Nollywood. So, Sunday’s event, aside celebrating the veteran actor at 70, is also intended to pay tribute to over three decades of a fruitful acting career,” Odobeatu said.
The lead actor in the award-winning film, Adesuwa, will be made to dance to the music of highlife veteran, Fatai Rolling Dollar, backed by the O’jez Band, while comedians, Plenty Mouth, Elenu, Elder O and MC Shakara will spice the evening with jokes. “It is our tradition to always honour Nigerians that have distinguished themselves in their fields of endeavour and Olu Jacobs has truly stood out in the movie industry, so the monthly awards committee unanimously picked him as recipient of August’s O’jez Entertainment Forum Awards,” Odobeatu said.
The forum had played host to top personalities.
The award recipient and special guest is expected to arrive at the celebrity restaurant at 6pm while the event kicks off at 7pm.Share