- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
Tiwa Savage was co-host of the reality TV show ‘Nigerian Idol’ Season Two, with Pepsi being the official beverage sponsor of the programme.
The two artistes have been rocking the entertainment scene both in Nigeria and abroad with their music and are in good company with Lynxxx, another Nigerian artiste who is also a Pepsi brand ambassador.
Pepsi has a long history of collaborating with pop stars. For Instance, in 1984, Michael Jackson filmed the “whole new generation” ad for Pepsi. This was followed by other pop stars endorsement: Madonna (1989), Britney Spears (2001), Beyonce (2002) and Black Eyed Peas (2007).
Commenting on the signing of the two Nigerian pop stars by the soft drink giant, Pepsi manager, Mazen Almasri, said: “Pepsi is delighted to bring these two very talented Nigerian musicians, Tiwa and Wizkid, on board. They represent the Pepsi brand essence of inspiring a youthful lifestyle and refreshing the world of our consumers.”
According to Almasri, Pepsi is very passionate about developing talents that abound in Nigeria, whether in football, as the Pepsi Football Academy has been doing for the past 20 years or the newly introduced MBA Harvard Business Scholarship aimed at giving young Nigerians a world class education.
He said that Pepsi will support both Tiwa Savage and Wizkid in their music careers to the next level through promotions within and outside the country.Share