- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
The monumental ultramodern project which is being supported and approved by the Lagos State government, when completed, will have an exhibition area, a coffee shop, a five-room boutique hotel, a roof-top restaurant, a bar and stage, a souvenir shop, a passenger lift, the tomb area and the car park.
When established, the museum is expected to achieve the following: the preservation of the history of an illustrious son of Africa, promotion of tourism, in line with the Lagos State’s Mega City initiative, acquisitions, display and preservation of the artefacts, documents and records of the man referenced as well as those of his contemporaries of African ancestry, custodian of collectors’ and historical items bordering on fine and folk arts for public enjoyment and for scholars to assist in researches, ready accessibility of authentic materials and relics on the man referenced. It will also serve as an educational, historical and cultural institution of music and musicality of African origin and entertainment of visitors to the museum.
The Kalakuta Museum is conceived and project-managed by Total Consult, a reputable firm of architects and builders of numerous projects, notably the conversion of the first colonial prison in central Lagos to The Freedom Park, a fast-rising historic and tourist spot in the city. The museum is supported by the Lagos State government and scheduled for opening in October 2012 in time for ‘FELABRATIONS,’ the annual musical festival celebrating Fela’s life and his birthday on October 15. The project is marketed by integrated marketing, media and entertainment management consultants, Inspiro Productions Ltd.Share