- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
“In the first instance, the management has decided to take this seemingly bold step to draw the line. We are tired of pirates selling our intellectual property at ridiculous prices. It is a timely idea and there is no better qualified brand to launch it than Tu Face. This is beyond Tu Face, Now Muzik or Hypertek, it is the revival of the primary platform in the industry structure. Pricing is the biggest obstacle to the survival of the Nigerian record label and N1,000.00 per CD is the first step towards fixing that problem,” he said.
He disclosed that the album would be packaged in a unique jewel case, as the CD is imported from South Africa by Hypertek/Now Muzik and distributed by Soforte.
Reacting to the development, Tu Face noted that “I take it as a personal responsibility. I travel all over the world and feel first-hand what a structured industry is like. Why does ours have to be so different in the negative sense? I have been very involved in the campaign for reforms. Now, I’m just walking on the right path. A lot of people have been considering this move for a long time and I hope they can now find the courage to do it.”Share