- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
I have a boyfriend and we have been dating for at least five years now, but anytime we argue, he would beat me.
I can’t even say how many times he has laid his hands on me. After beating me, he would start to beg.
Please, what do I do?
You had better avoid this beast of a man before he snuffs life out of you. If as just a boyfriend, he has shown you his true colour, why are you still waiting or hoping that he will be a good match for you?
So you’ve been turned into a punching bag in the boxing ring.
My dear Funmi, you have no business whatsoever with this guy or how will you explain someone who beats you up, only to turn around to beg you afterwards. Does he drink or is he on hard drug? If he does not have anything to do with the above anti social habits, then there is a fundamental problem that must be tackled before you get too committed.
And if you must carry on with him, there are certain questions you must provide answers to before you go all out for him.
What kind of argument throws him off balance? After each round of beating you, have you ever asked him what your offence is? Does he sound normal or is he only trying your patience? Have you ever asked him the joy he derives from such a barbaric habit?
Funmi, if you think that you are no longer safe in this union, why not take a bow and let life continue. But if on the contrary you are enjoying his beatings, the choice is yours. It will be foolishness on your part to continue to be hopeful in a man who has no respect for womanhood.
I even doubt if he has been introduced to your parents, talkless of paying the necessary dues.
Funmi, the earlier you take the bull by the horns before it is late, the better for you so as not to continue at his whims and caprices. I can assure you that there are better men who are cultured out there waiting to accept your being in totality.Take care.