- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
What’s the cause of this problem? I am 35 years old married and blessed with a ten month old child. I just completed 30 days of ramadan fast this year. On the Eid-l-fitr day, as we returned from Eid praying ground, me and my wife started playing which resulted to having sex.
As the semen was about to come out I withdrew it to avoid unwanted pregnancy though you normally say that that is not 100% sure of preventing pregnancy, I fainted for some seconds immediately i withdrew it, I dont have any sign of such (any problem) before. What do you think is the cause this problem, and what would be the remedy? Your urgent response’d be highly appreciated for future occurrence. Thanks.
Saheed (by E Mail)
It is true that some people faint when they have sex. Although the condition known as orgasmic syncope, is admittedly a rare one, it does occasionally happen to some people. During an act of sexual intercourse, the heart rate speeds up, the two partners breathe faster and may get hot and sweaty. The tension builds and builds. And then, when they climax, everything quickly and dramatically releases. The heart rate drops and so does the blood pressure. That sudden drop in heart rate and blood pressure may lead to a vasovagal reaction, which may cause you to very briefly pass out. On your part, since it was your first time of having the experience, the incident could have been triggered by the stress and exhaustion of the fasting period. The solution to this kind of problem is not to have sex when you are tired or under stress.