- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
Please save me from this psychological problem. I will be 27 years this year and I discovered that I don’t have the quality of a mature adult due to timidity. It affects me all the time.
Kindly help me find a way out.
David ( by SMS)
Timidity could be due to a feeling of low self esteem which, again, can be consequent upon poor education, physical disability on poor social status. Whatever may be the cause, the best cure for timidity is to be yourself. Not everybody can be handsome or beautiful and not everybody can be rich or well-educated. You should therefore not be ashamed to voice your opinions and ideas. And since you cannot please everybody, you shouldn’t allow the fear of failure to stop you from being yourself. You should try to gain confidence by talking to more people as much as possible. Before long, you will stop being shy. In addition to the above, if there are some things about yourself which need to be improved such as physical appearance, educational background among others, you should try as much as possible to effect the necessary changes as soon as possible.Share