- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
I am a 23 year-old University Student. I have a girlfriend who is 18 years of age. She is complaining of seeing her menstrual period three times this month. She first saw it in at beginning of this month, then again around 20th and just 3 days ago, she saw it again. What could be the cause? And what can we do to correct this? We are very worried about it sir.
Thanks. Gboyega (by E Mail)
Several factors could be responsible for your girlfriend’s irregular menses. We need to know the following; whether or not she is on any form of contraception, if she has had a recent gynaecological procedure, infection or any emotional upset. Any of these factors could account for her irregular menses. If these factors are not present, then I will suggest that she wait for another month to see what will happen. If the same thing repeats itself, then she should see her doctor for some tests which will rule out any hormonal dysfunction as well as any other underlying problems.