- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
Good day doctor. I thank you for your support and the way you are helping people. May the Lord bless you, amen. My question is to know how HIV is transmitted. Also, how will one know that a person has HIV infection.
Chuks (By SMS)
Thanks for your prayers. The commonest mode of transmitting HIV is through sexual intercourse with someone who has the virus. The other way of having the disease is through blood transfusion with infected blood.
HIV infection may remain in somebody’s body for up to ten years without showing any sign. This is why the best way of knowing one’s HIV status is by going for a blood test. It is only in advanced cases that the person with the virus may start showing signs of weight loss, fever and secondary infection.