- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
I want to thank you for your impact on Nigerians. It is my turn for you to help sir. Doctor, I have two problems affecting my mind whenever I see them. The first one is when I am urinating, I feel some pain in my urogenital tract and there will be a drop of blood too. Kindly help me.
Thanks for the compliments. You did not tell me how old you are as well as the kind of job you do. Nevertheless, the issues you raised: that of pain and passage of blood while urinating are very grave problems which need urgent investigations.
The first thing we need to check is to know whether or not you have recently swum in a river or stream. This is because cases of passage of bloody urine are usually caused by an infection that can be found in polluted bodies of water. This is called Schistosomiasis. Your complaint can also be related to the existence of Gall stones in your urogenital tract. More importantly, we need to know if you have fever, chills, vomiting in addition to the pains you complained about.
These symptoms, also point to the possibility of urinary and renal infections It will therefore be very important to order for a urine examination which apart from picking any of the aforementioned disorders will also let us know the kind of drugs to be used in treating them. In the meantime, I will suggest that you increase your fluid intake in order to dislodge any gall stone that might be stuck in your system.Share