- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Speaking at the formal launch of the product which ensures that with the mobile phone in the hand of the customers they are able to access money and make payment on the go, the Executive Director, of Globacom, Mr Adewale Sangowawa disclosed that Globacom was partnering some major IT and financial organisations in the country.
The partnership includes Interswitch, Fidelity Bank, FCMB, Mainstreet Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Sterling Bank,Wema Bank and is expected to give more value to its over 20 million subscribers who will now enjoy seamless financial transactions.
He said Verve M-PIN would offer subscribers , including those who do not have bank accounts , a more convenient, secure and fast way of settling bills and making payments for goods and services. He said that mobile money service is a win-win proposition for customers, financial institutions and mobile operators, and encouraged Nigerians to take advantage of the values inherent in the Verve M-PIN product.
“With this product, customers will enjoy seamless financial transactions provided by our partnering banks on the Globacom platform to pay for DSTV, LCC, PHCN, Startimes, Airline tickets, hotel bills, bank transfers and Glo airtime top-up for pre-paid and post-paid service,” Mr Sangowawa explained.
He also remarked that Verve M–PIN would enable customers to use mobile channels to perform tasks on the web, Automated Teller Machines or Point of Sale which would be powered by the super-fast submarine Glo 1 cable that offers robust internet broadband services.
He commended the banks for the confidence reposed in Globacom and thanked the product team for working round the clock to make the product launch a reality.
A cross section of stakeholders at the event expressed satisfaction with the demonstration of the product and promised to avail themselves of the wonderful facilities offered by Verve M-PIN.
Speaking on behalf of the partnering banks, Mr. Roger Woodbridge, Executive Director, Mainstream Bank expressed confidence in this partnership with Globacom which he said has a “robust broadband capacity that will enable us to meet our customers’ expectations.”
It will be recalled that since inception in 2003, Globacom had always offered its subscribers value added services and currently offers the lowest rates for calls to any network in the country through its wave making programme tagged “G-Bam Hi5ive.”Share