- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Ntdc goes to court over Cynthia
Arrangements have been concluded by the Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC) to take to court the owners of the hotel where Cynthia Osokogu was murdered for operating illegally.
The corporation would file former charges against the management of Cosmilla Hotel of Lake View Estate, near Festac Town, Lagos for illegal operation since it was not registered with NTDC.
The development which was confirmed by the Director General of the corporation, Chief Olusegun Runsewe revealed that a former query had been issued to the hotel to which it had replied.
According to Chief Runsewe, the management of the hotel has already admitted that they had not registered with the corporation which showed that the hotel is operating illegally.
It will be recalled that late Cynthia was killed at Cosmilla Hotel, Lagos by her facebook ‘friends’ after they drugged her, raped and dispossessed her of her belongings.
Runsewe insisted that the law would be followed to the letter, but said the corporation would not interfere in the on going investigation by the security agencies. “We will allow them to do their job after which we will go to court.”
He commended the security agencies especially the police and the SSS for a job well done on the arrest and prosecution of the suspects.
NTDC is empowered by law to register, classify and grade hotels and other hospitality outfits throughout the country.Share