- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
WORLD CUP: Odemwingie promises goals in South Africa
WITH the Super Eagles arriving in South Africa today for the World Cup, Lokomotiv Moscow of Russia attacker, Osaze Odemwingie, is already looking at the possibility of scoring for Nigeria in any match he plays.
With goals scoring at the back of his mind, Osaze is taking inspiration from previous World Cup heroes from the country, with a view to reproducing the exploits of Rashidi Yekini, Daniel Amokachi, Finidi George, Sunday Oliseh, Emmanuel Amuneke and Samson Siasia.
Osaze stated further that he was inspired by Nigeria's famous displays at USA '94 - where they reached the second round and France '98.
"I remember each and every one of their goals. I remember all their goals, and the very dramatic game against Italy, that we lost 2-1 after leading.
"I remember France '98, with the super goal from Sunday Oliseh from almost 40 metres. Great memories, of course, of the Nigerian team performing in the World Cup.
"Now it's my time to do something for my country and to be remembered as someone who did something great in the World Cup,” said the lad who cut his teeth on the home front playing for a football academy in Kaduna, AS Racines of Lagos and Bendel Insurance FC.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting