- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Crown Management Debunks Sack Story
The management of the Ogbomoso based side has descibed as untrue media reports that the financier of the club, the Oyo State Government threatened to scrap it if the team failed to gain promotion to the elite league.
Chairman of the club, Chief Gabriel Babalola in reaction to the report said there was nothing like that adding that with the current performnce of the club, it was receiving backing and commendation from the government just as he assured that the promotion dream of the club would be realised at the end of the season.
“We are not under any pressure from anybody, the owners of the club are quite happy with our efforts as far as gaining promotion is concerned and we are getting total support and encouragement from the Oyo State Government under the leadership of his excellency Ounba Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala,’ stated the Crown boss.
In another development, the promotion bid of Crown FC of Ogbomoso received a boost with the return of its first choice goalkeeper, Micheal Uwero who has been out of acion for sometime due to injury.
This was confirmed by the media officer of the club, Kunle Oyeleye who added that the recovery of the goalkeeper has boosted the morale of the entire team.
Meanwhile, the team’s quest to join the elite league got a lifeline last Sunday when it thrashed visiting Gabros International of Nnewi 3-0 in a Week 27 encounter with goals from Nehemiah Ekong (5th), Harrisson Egbune (28th) and Azeez Rufai in the 66th minutes ensuring victory.
The team looked good to grab the maximum points this weekend in Ijebu Ode where it will confront Rising Stars of Akure who were banished from Akure due to a crowd violence that took place when the club played host to Prime FC of OsogboShare
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting