- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Niger to get new stadium
NIGER state Sports Commissioner Alhaji Hassan Abdullahi has stated that work on the construction of a new stadium in Minna will commence in December this year.
The Commissioner said that the 17,000 capacity stadium with a hotel will be completed within 18 months.
He explained that drawings for the project have been completed while advertisement will soon be placed in local and national newspapers seeking for competent contractors to handle the job.
Abdullahi said that a team from the Niger state Ministry of Sport and that of Works will visit China before the end of the month to fine tune the drawings before tenders for the project are called for.
‘I can assure you that as far as the stadium project is concerned we are concerned, government is committed to completing the project before the end of 2014’.
He however said that government will embark on the Hotel aspect attached to the project through the Public Private Partnership policy saying that the hotel when completed will have 50 beds.
Government it will be recalled has acquired a piece of land at Maikunkele, in , Bosso Local government Area of the state for the project.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting