- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Federation Cup: Heartland agrees to play Prime
PLAYERS of Heartland finally agreed to honour the semi final game against Prime of Oshogbo after the management promised to pay them tomorrow.
The boys had threatened not to play the game saying they were not happy with the financial situation of the club.
Captain of the Owerri side, Chinedu Effugh told Goal.com that after a two hours meeting with the management, they decided that they will travel for the match on Monday.
"We met with them and they told us that we will get our money on Wednesday or first thing Thursday morning.We had to make them promise us that if we don't see the money on Thursday, we will return to Owerri instead of moving to Lagos for the finals of the Federation Cup.
"The General Manager, Fan Ndubuoke said he has the approval for the money and that we should hold him responsible for whatever happens after Thursday .
"They know we are serious, but we believe them that they will not take us for granted. We are ready to give our best in the game against Prime because we want to retain the trophy we won last year.
"We have a good team and our eyes are on the trophy again," Effugh said.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting