- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Barcelona establishes supporters club in Nigeria
FC Barcelona, one of the biggest and most successful football clubs in the world, with a global outreach of members, supporters and fans, recently announced the establishment of seven new branches of its worldwide supporter’s club platforms known as Penyes, with one Penya berthing in Lagos, Nigeria.
Penya Barca de Lagos Club with Licence no 2081 received official recognition as a member of FC BARCELONA Penyes worldwide on January 23, 2012 through a letter from Jordi Cardona Casaus, vice president, Head of Social Area, FC Barcelona which was made public recently, along six other franchises by Barcelona spokesperson in Barcelona, Spain.
In a congratulatory letter addressed to the President of the Club’s Board of trustees Mr Leslie Oghomienor, Mr Casaus encouraged him to maintain the same enthusiasm in spreading the historic values that makes the club the toast of football fans world wide.
With this development, Nigeria has officially joined FC Barcelona Football Club worldwide membership base - a long journey that took over two years since the idea was first mooted.
Penya Barca de Lagos would be modelled as a frontline international non - profit, non - Governmental and – non-racial club devoted to the promotion, monitoring and administration of a solid membership and fan support base for FC Barcelona in Nigeria while serving as link between the club and its teeming support base in Nigeria.
Miss Nkechi Nneka Obi has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer. To underscore its seriousness, Penya Barca de Lagos has already rolled out quarterly events and activities for the next two years starting from August 2012 with the season opening SPANISH SUPER CUP 1st leg match between 2012 Copa Del Rey holders FCBARCELONA and 2012 La Liga Champions REAL MADRID.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting