- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Japan 2012: Falconets made history
NIGERIA on Sunday made history at the ongoing FIFA U-20 Women World Cup in Japan by becoming one of the team’s that has remained unbeaten in their last eight group matches in FIFA U-20 World Cup. The Falconets have strung together five victories and three draws in the first round since losing 3-0 to China PR in their second game at the 2006 event.
Meanwhile, Board member of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have commended the Falconets in their two nil win over Korea Republic on Sunday.
Chairman of the Nigeria Women League Dilichukwu Onyedinma on behalf of the board said “our girls did very well, they displayed high levels of commitment and zeal, which made them to snatch the win over the Koreans. "Our 2-0 over the Koreans is a good development and a sign to show that the girls are in Japan for real business”.
She expressed optimism that the Falconets have all it takes to return home with the trophy.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting