- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
UEFA Champions League: Ideye's goal sends Kiev to next round
BROWN Ideye scored the only goal in the 96th minute in the return leg of the third round Uefa Champions League qualifier for Dynamo Kiev against Feyenoord at the Feijenoord Stadion in Rotterdam on Tuesday.
The result means that the Ukrainian side go through to the playoffs 3-1 on aggregate, having won the first leg 2-1 last week Tuesday.
The Champions League comprises three qualifying rounds, a play-off round, a group stage and four knockout rounds. Dynamo Kiev have now qualified for the play-off stage, the last stage before teams are grouped.
The Nigerian international striker has been on fire in the new season and now boasts of a goal a game average in the six matches he has played for the Ukrainian club.
Ideye was rested partially in Dynamo’s last league match and he proved to be the killer once again on Tuesday night as he did in the first leg when he scored the winner against the Dutch team.
Feyenoord coach Ronald Koeman had warned his wards that they had to take care of the Nigerian, who is having a hot scoring streak but the alarm and warning were not heeded.
His compatriot, Ayila Yussuf was an unused substitute, while Haruna Lukman and Taye Taiwo were not listed. Taiwo who played his first match for Kiev last weekend did not travel with the team to Holland.
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting