- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
26 Eagles train
ALL the 26 players invited to camp for the August 15 friendly against Niger Republic in Niamey had a full training session together on Tuesday morning with Head Coach, Stephen Keshi fully in charge of proceedings.
Late Monday evening the four players of Sunshine Stars of Akure, who were expected, finally joined camp with Keshi heaping praises on them for their above average performance against their Algerian counterparts in the CAF Champions League cracker.
The four players are Sunshine Stars skipper, Godfrey Oboabona, goalkeeper Moses Ocheje, one of the scorers in the 2-0 win, Izu Azuka and newcomer, Kwambe Solomon.
“What I always insist is for national team players to distinguish themselves in their clubsides, so that they can be called worthy national team call ups and you demonstrated that on Sunday, congratulations to the entire team, Super Eagles players who played the game and specially for goalcorer Azuka, who showed the type of fighting spirit I’ve always expected from him”, Keshi declared.
He went on to dissect areas where some of the players did not do well in the game but added that overall the Nigerian side was the better of the two sides.
Meanwhile, the battle for 23 shirts for those who will make the trip to Niger Republic has been on the high now that all the players invited are in camp, with no one wanting to make mistakes and the coaching crew watching with eagle eyes for lapses and strength of the players.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting