- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Visitors in ticket hitch
Visitors to the Olympic Park in east London on Tuesday stood in queues for hours, begged for information on ticket resales and tramped from one box office to another on the day Britain's Olympic Association demanded the IOC fix its ticketing system.
Many park guides were not sure exactly how it works, but canny sports fans in the park discovered that box offices at the basketball arena were selling available recycled tickets for basketball and hockey sessions and the ticket office at the Copperbox may sell recycled seats for handball and water polo.
Those queueing were unsure whether the tickets were recycled from spectators who had left venues or the ones for seats held open for Olympic officials that have caused a furore in Britain after television footage of events in the first days of the Games showed empty seats for events that thousands of Britons have tried desperately to buy.
"At least they are doing something and they might be pretty good seats if they are for notables," said Sue Kerr from Cambridge on day passes in the park with her husband, daughter and grandson.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting