- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Milan didn't give me chance —Taye Taiwo
TAYE Taiwo has revealed he is disappointed he has not been given a chance to prove himself at Italian giant AC Milan.
Dynamo Kiev has completed the signing of the Nigerian defender on loan with a view to a permanent deal, which will cost it two million pounds should he impress.
"It was a dream to move to AC Milan but to be honest I never had the chance to show what I am capable of doing, but that is life," Taiwo said in an interview.
"I know Milan are a big club but I am not a player who is happy to sit down and collect a salary without playing football."
The Super Eagles left back also revealed he moved to Dynamo Kiev on loan so as to save his career after he also played on loan in the EPL with QPR last season.
"I chose to come to Dynamo Kiev because of the opportunity to play in the Champions League and also to experience a new life,” he said.
"It was very important to consider my international career and I took this decision with that in mind."
Taiwo has become the fourth Nigerian player at Dynamo Kiev after joining Brown Ideye, Lukman Haruna and Yusuf Ayila.
He was lately linked with a move to Portuguese club Benfica as well as his former French club Olympique Marseille.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting