- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
D'Tigers' exploit, attestation to indigenous prowess
THE country's male Basketball team otherwise known as D,Tigers, have by its exploits in far away Caracas, Venezuela reinforced the confidence of the nation’s sports authorities on the efficacy of indigenous efforts no matter the perceived limitation, so posited the Sports minister Mallam Bolaji Abdulahi while savouring the team's Olympic qualification Monday night.
In the words of the Sports minister, nothing signposts the strength of a nation than its indigenous effort to secure results in international competitions.
D Tigers are handled by a Nigerian coach, Ayo Bakare, a veteran of the game on the African continent.
Since the team's qualification, the Sports minister's phone has been inundated with congratulatory messages from all walks of life, mostly from the corridors of power in the country a top aide in the minister office told our correspondent.
Mallam Bolaji Abdulahi is expected to brief the president, Goodluck Jonathan on D Tigers qualification at today’s executive council, a highly placed ministry official volunteered.
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting