- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
NWBF to hit London Olympics
AS part of its efforts to encourage the wheelchair basketball in the Country, the Nigeria Wheelchair Basketball Federation has concluded arrangement to storm the London 2012 Paralympic Games with the National team.
According to the President, NWBF, Bukola Olopade, while chatting with the Tribunesports on Sunday, the federation will sponsor the national whelchair bacsketball team to the games to garner more experience.
The Country's wheelchair basketball team did not qualifier for the games during the qualifiers held in Morrocco early in the year.
Olopade, who despite the inability of the team to qualify said that ,the team needed to be encouraged and as such, the board has decided to encourage them by taking them to the games so that they will learn one or two things.
The former Commissioner for Sports, Ogun State said,''the board decided to sponsor the national team to the games so that they will be more exposed and learn one or two things from the games.
We have to encourage them having tried their best during the qualifier, and i am optimistic that they will be glad and gain a lot and what they need now is experience. Instead of attending competition, the board felt they should a part of the London Paralympic games so that they will be part of the games family'',he said.
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting