- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Galaxy joins race for Obafemi
THE former Major League Soccer (MLS) club of David Beckham have indicated serious interest to sign Nigeria international striker, Obafemi Martins.
MTNFootball.com can exclusively reveal that LA Galaxy are now among the clubs in the hunt for the former Inter Milan and Newcastle United striker.
He has already been mentioned with ambitious Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua, who have already signed Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka.
But Martins has dismissed such a move to China as he believes he still has some football left in him to return to the Super Eagles.
It is believed that Martins met with representatives of the MLS club Saturday afternoon at a top Lagos hotel in this respect.
Martins himself told MTNFootball.com he has been informed “by some people” of this interest.
“I have been told by some people about this interest a few days ago, but at the moment I remain a player of Rubin Kazan and I still have a year and half of my contract to run even though that could be like around the corner,” Martins said.
“I’m on holidays right now and need to enjoy it without worrying about anything like a transfer.”
Even after he has fully recovered from a long-term shin injury, Obagoal has continued to only play a bit role at Rubin Kazan, who have qualified for the later stages of the UEFA Europa League this season.
Close friends of the star striker also told MTNFootball.com the striker is not comfortable with the lifestyle in Russia.
“The life is just about going to training or playing a match and then retiring to your house after that. There is no serious night life. It’s a big bore for outgoing Oba, who is now fed up,” a close friend of the player told MTNFootball.com.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting