- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Siasia drops Osaze from Argentina, Ethiopia games
SUPER Eagles coach, Samson Siasia has dropped West Brom in-form striker, Osaze Odemwingie from the squad that will play against Argentina and Ethiopia.
Siasia who released the list to the press yesterday in Abuja included Newcastle striker, Shola Ameobi and Victor Moses for the high-profile friendly against the South Americans in Abuja and an African Nations Cup qualifier in Addis Ababa.
Yusuf Mohammed who has been out of the squad for some time was also recalled into the team to beef up the right full back position.
Emmanuel Emenike and Yusuf Ayila were recalled too by coach Siasia.
Osaze may have banged 15 goals in his debut season in the English Premier League, but Siasia told MTNFootball.com that he has to be disciplined for walking out on the team and his subsequent twitter attack on the coach.
He said that Osaze has yet to apologise for his misconduct.
"Yes, I have excluded Osaze from the squad against Argentina as a result of his insurbordination and lack of respect for the technical crew of the team which I happen to be the head," said Siasia.
"The other players in the team had threatened to stage a mass protest and back out in other matches if I failed to sanction Osaze for leaving the camp in Abuja without taking permission from me and travelling back to England to join his club shortly after Ethiopia’s Nations Cup qualifier and did not wait for the Kenya friendly.
"Some of them confessed to me that they are watching with keen interest to see if I will discipline him or not. So, I had no option but to do this to instill discipline in the team."
Siasia further disclosed: "I do not want a situation where I or Nigeria would be totally disgraced by the players and thereby expose the country to ridicule. Let discipline be maintained.
"Osaze is not bigger than the team or the whole Nigeria."
Siasia is well known for calling off the bluff of star players. He dropped Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi from the 2008 Beijing Olympics and Dream Team IV reached the final of the football event in China.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting