- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Dream Team, Liberia end it 1-1
NIGERIA's U-23 team, the Dream Team was on Saturday at the Samuel Kayon Doe Stadium, Monrovia, forced to a 1-1 draw by its Liberian counterpart in the first leg, first round qualifier for the 10th All Africa Games.
Leicester City midfielder, Uchechi Daniel opened scoring for Nigeria in the 33rd minute from the spot, while the Liberians equalised through Johnson Samuel's header in the 63rd minute.
The host would have made it two in the 75th minute but for the heroics of Dele Ajiboye who stopped Ronaldinho Patrick´s penalty.
Speaking after the game, head coach of the Dream Team, Austin Eguavoen, declared that the Liberian team would not be a serious threat to his team's ambition of qualifying for the Games billed for Maputo, Mozambique later in the year.
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting